• An affectionate and warm insight to a truly great era of motorcycle sport
• Profiles of 17 famous riders of the 1960s
• Contains photographs by Gordon Francis, one of the UK’s leading sports photographers: most have never been published before
• Will appeal to both male and female readers
• 126 evocative, period photos
A fascinating and nostalgic compilation of rider profiles written over a three year period, which originally appeared in Classic Motorcycle magazine, and is now accompanied by a new set of over 100 photographs. All of the riders featured became top achievers in their field, although, for some, it was their first interview. During the 1950s and 60s, scrambling especially drew huge crowds to meetings all across the country, and, thanks to TV coverage such as BBC Grandstand Trophy, and ITVÂ’s World of Sport, many of the competitors featured in this book became household names. Each chapter includes the competition years of the riders, and also gives an overview of their careers, and conveys their enthusiasm for the sport.